SAD! 22-Year-Old Electrician Electrocuted At Tema

An electrician apprentice has been electrocuted on a high tension pole in Sakumono, Tema West over the weekend.

According to eyewitnesses, the deceased identified as Kofi Owusu was invited to fix an electrical fault a few hours after the rains subsided over the weekend.

It was established, the deceased wore a blue overall, with no hand gloves on and hanged on for over four hours with a few of his tools lying beneath the pole on which he was working.

With tears, his corpse was later brought down with the help of police personnel and officials of the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) after they cut power to the area.

The body latched atop the electric pole with both hands firmly gripping the wires and head propped backward.

It is however unclear he was a certified electrician and authorized by the ECG to climb such electrical poles.

Station Officer of Sakumono Police Station, Chief Inspector Collins Antwi Kweku Amankwah said the deceased was an electrician apprentice who inadvertently slipped whiles working on a faulty line and in the process held onto a live wire leading to his death.

He said the body of the deceased has since been deposited at the Police Hospital morgue.

 

 

By: Naa Laryea Ayorkor

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *